I've worked on it on and off for months, I've rewritten parts of it entirely, it gave me the opportunity to knock together a real, complete application in Haskell, and it's finally done! I've uploaded my console based RPG game (read: nethack clone) to Hackage (get it here). You create a character and walk through mazes, trading, stealing, casting spells and fighting monsters.
You can look at the source code (no documentation, sorry) and see what I've used. I've used a monad to abstract away the state and the random generator (so I can plug a non random generator for testing, one that for example will guarantee that the next throw of the D20 die will give 8). I have developped my own little framework for console handling (executing actions from what the user typed in and displaying results) maybe I should look at the existing libraries and try to plug one in instead.
What I found was the most awkward was the record syntax for nested structures, I'll have to investigate to find an easier way to read and update my structures.
There are a few HUnit tests to verify that the most basic functionality works, so hopefully there is no huge bug.
It was fun to play around with Haskell and with game concepts. I hope I'll have time to work on even cooler stuff like adding AI for the monsters (so they can decide when to run away, etc...).
Any feedback on the game mechanism or on the code itself is welcome!