Sunday, February 24, 2013

Porting my typeclass game to reactive-banana-sdl

Some time ago I wrote a tiny game called TypeClass, just to experiment with the SDL bindings for Haskell. I was always curious to learn more about FRP, but never really knew where to start. So I just decided to change TypeClass to use reactive-banana, since it looked like a nice library with a dedicated author. And there are SDL bindings too!
It took a bit efforts since I didn't find any sample in reactive-banana-sdl, but I finally got it working. The game is exactly the same from the outside, so it still not that exciting. But I feel I've made progress in understanding events and behaviors and how it all fits together.

I've put the game on github, so anybody else interested in using reactive-banana with SDL can at least have a sample. It requires my own version of reactive-banana.

Happy Haskell Hacking!

No comments: