Thursday, March 01, 2012

EclipseFP 2.2.3 released!

I didn't mean to make it exactly one month since last release, but EclipseFP 2.2.3 is out! There is also a new release of buildwrapper to go with it (0.5.0) and Alejandro released scion-browser 0.2.7 yesterday.
This comes with both bug fixes and minor enhancements that I hope you like. The readme has all the details, but basically:
- Michael Jones has tested EclipseFP thoroughly on Mac OSX, so it should run fine on that platform now. Please remember that UI applications may not use the same PATH as your Terminal, which may explain why things are not found, etc. Thanks Michael for the work!
- We have tried to improve autocomplete and text hovers by adding documentation and types when possible, autocompletion of pragmas, etc.
- Hopefully everything should build and work fine under GHC 7.4.1.

Hopefully the next step will be a big one: I'd like to be able to put together the GHC analysis of all modules of the project in some kind of DB to do things like project and workspace-wide type-aware searches, safe renaming, etc.

Thanks to the supportive users that not only report issues but are happy to investigate, you know who you are!

Happy Haskell hacking in EclipseFP!

6 comments:

Yukarin-chan said...

I need helper executables that are compatable with this version, I can't install them on either windows or linux, and the ones you have to download seem to be too old.

Or posibly EclipseFP is getting confused about how new it needs, I can not tell.

Yukarin-chan said...

I need helper executables that are compatable with this version, I can't install them on either windows or linux, and the ones you have to download seem to be too old.

Or posibly EclipseFP is getting confused about how new it needs, I can not tell.

JP Moresmau said...

Yes, that's true, I haven't uploaded new exes. But you should be able to build from Hackage. Can you post what the problems are?

Yukarin-chan said...

Sorry about the double post.

When ever it tries to register the libraries it builds it gets a "cabal.exe: permission denied"

Cabal works if I call it outside of eclipse.
So I am currently using that to try to install BuildWrapper.
However I am unsure how to install the scion-browser from outside of eclipse.

How ever installing it for just me seems to be working.

Sorry, I had uninstalled and reinstalled cabal, and for some reason eclipseFP was trying to use the old version that no longer existed.

I am not sure why..

JP Moresmau said...

Probably EclipseFP does not try to autodetect Cabal if we're already found it, even though it doesn't exist any more... I'll look into it.

JP Moresmau said...

EclipseFP 2.2.4 will detect if a reference to Cabal points to a non existing executable and will redetect if needed.